Classic UK availability

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nicksan, Sep 16, 2007.

1. nicksan macrumors newbie

Any UKers know if the classic is available on the high street yet? I'd order one online, but I'm off to university in a few days, and want one before I go away.

Thanks

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

If your in London the Apple store Regents street has plenty,

SHadoW

3. CapeFear macrumors newbie

Hi, they are available. I bought my 80Gb classic in the Birmingham Bullring Apple Shop. I was going to buy online like yourself, but from the shop was easier, plus they let get you to try out the display models. :)

4. nicksan thread starter macrumors newbie

There aren't any Apple stores in my town, so I was wondering about the big electronics chains or Woolworths etc. I could conceivably get to Manchester over the next few days, and see if either of the Apple Stores there have one.

5. CapeFear macrumors newbie

Oh, you could check Argos, they do have them also, I saw a few people get them from there. I haven't seen them in woolworths. By the way I would call these places up before you go to check they have them, it will save you alot of trouble.

6. Adge macrumors newbie

Currys Digital in Bath had the 80GB Classic yesterday. Might be worth a try if there is one near you.

7. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

Any word on touch avalibilty... Currys digital had nanos and classics and US stores now have touches... Any one know if UK apple stores got any touch yet

8. CapeFear macrumors newbie

The Apple store I was at had the itouch, but you couldn't buy it, only play around with it. My friend who is in Manchester who went to pickup a nano had the same experience, they have the itouch there to play with in the Apple shop, but you can't buy it till the 28th.

9. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Firstly, that's a silly move Apple :confused:

Secondly... I'm going there now to test one out :D

11. Exodemia macrumors regular

When are they available from the Apple UK store?

12. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

That is really annoying.. Im desperate to play with multi touch... been waiting since january

13. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

Its so annoying they have them in america already, i though 28th would just be latest shipping date. I drop £270 and have to wait 3 weeks to get it, its called impulse buying and i want it on the IMPULSE:D