Classifications (Forum Rank)

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by rs0212, Mar 18, 2016.

1. rs0212 macrumors newbie

To be honest I'm kind of upset that I'm still labeled a "macrumors newbie" just because I don't comment a lot in the forums. I've been browsing for years and joined the forums in 2014. It should be based on longitvity, not amount of posts. Just needed to speak my mind. Thanks for your time!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

One post closer to losing that "newbie" status!

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

MacRumors is a discussion forum, where active members who post, are rewarded by their interaction. While I can understand your irritation, the goal of the site is to discuss Apple related products and services. All the forums, I frequent use post count in some way to identify members who are actively engaged in the forums.

I also updated the thread title to make it a tad more descriptive, since we're talking about forum rank and how its measured.

Since the threshhold from newbie to Member is at post #30, just be more active in the forums.
    See the user titles thread here: https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201624413-How-do-user-titles-work-

The only other thing I will add, is that don't post just to post, i.e., post padding. Posts like "+1", "agree", "LOL" are not permitted.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

So one can open an account, forget about it for 10 years, come back and be a Mac sage? No.

Maybe you should take part in discussions, or stop fussing about a fantasy title on a message board on the internet.

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Speak your mind more, and you'll lose that newbie status fast!