Cleaining MBA screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ks-man, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I have Iklear which I use to clean my Ipod touch and it works really well.

Is the screen for the MBA similar and can I use the Iklear for that? Is there something better that I should use?

Thanks.

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I just use water on a microfiber cloth and wipe dry with another clean dry microfiber cloth. Just like the fancy black one Apple includes w. the Air or they sell at electronics/office supply stores. Not really sure what iklear has in it but the screens do have a coating and aren't glass like the touch.

3. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

But isn't one of the things that Steve touted about the Air that the glass on the screen is arsenic-free??

iKlear is fine for it, just don't spray directly onto the screen, spray onto the cloth then wipe the screen.

5. fk51785 macrumors regular

I use iKlear for all apple products: imac, mba, iphone, and ipod ...

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

What I meant was the screens have an anti-reflective coating on them and aren't made for "touching" like the touch/iphone glass.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ah, i see what you mean, I was confused and worried that you knew something that I didn't. I know during the keynote steve was talking about how they changed how its made, so I was hoping you didn't know something life altering like that typical cleaners would eat a hole through it or something along those lines. :D Thanks for clearing that up.

So yeah, then I would say iKlear is still the OPs best bet. I love that stuff, it made my white macbook so shiny and made the screen look really good too. I need to order some more now that I think about it... :rolleyes:

8. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

Costco sells these packettes of wipes you can use to clean your screens.

9. MacMur macrumors regular

10. southcounty949 macrumors member

southcounty949

LOL! I can't tell you how many people I've sent this to ... :D

11. southcounty949 macrumors member

southcounty949

Dust-off Monitor Wipes

I picked up a little container of Dust-off Monitor Wipes... This should be fine for the MBA screen, right?

12. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone else seen stains/blotches when using iKlear? I notice that it doesn't seem to apply evenly. Fortunately, after wiping again with some water on a clean cloth the marks went away. But the first time I used it, it seemed like I had ruined my LCD. i've seen this unevenness on both glossy and matte displays.

13. spyz88 macrumors regular

Were you applying it directly onto the LCD or on the cloth like you are suppose to?

14. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I only use water and micofiber and it works great. Not a lot to carry around.

15. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Cloth. i would never spray anything directly on the LCD. After it dried, the screen looked normal but when wet, I could see some areas where it looked like there were splotches.