Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goblin cadet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
I have a 2012 Macbook air 13 inch. For some reason my computer started to shut down very slowly. 25-30 seconds. I tried a clean install only to have it fail. Is there anyone with a potential solution for this?

Calot

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Apparently, it is a software implementation. I also did a clean install with my 2012 maxed out Air and I still have slow shutdowns every once in a while. I'm not sure what is the trigger.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I have a 2012 Macbook air 13 inch. For some reason my computer started to shut down very slowly. 25-30 seconds. I tried a clean install only to have it fail. Is there anyone with a potential solution for this?

What you could do is login to a different(new created User Account) and try if it is the same there, if it shuts down much faster there is something wrong in your regular account.

goblin cadet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
Made a new account and it still shut down slowly. Also it did manage to shut down in 2 seconds 1 time out of about 10 that I tried. Not sure what the problem is at all.

Also the nearest apple store is quite a ways away. It is a last resort option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.