Clean install for ipad Air the best route?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ab2c4, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ab2c4 macrumors member

I have been reading through threads for the last two days, some people having problems, others not. I found the instructions for doing a clean install and downloaded the ios8 file manually. I have nothing on my ipad that I would want to keep so I wouldn't be loosing anything by doing this.

Is it probably the ideal upgrade method? Basically like making my Air the same as going and buying a new Air with ios8 on it from the factory.

I wasn't even planning on upgrading but when I found out ios8 fixes the pop up issue in safari, I definitely want that. Web browsing has become almost unusable due to the pop ups I get wanting me to install apps on every webpage.

2. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

DFU restore is the best way. Google it up.

But iOS 8 at the moment is so buggy that you will regret regardless. Especially the new Safari is such a pain in the ars that I hate to use iPad Air for browsing since the update.

3. ab2c4 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the reply. Sounds like I am in a no win situation right now until they patch 8. Internet browsing is unusable due to app pop up ads right now, but ios8 has it's own issues I guess. I will google DFU restore though, thank you.

4. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Restore via iTunes is enough. However don't wonder if it won't help because iOS 8 has a lot of serious bugs, wait till will be released atleast iOS 8.0.1

5. ab2c4 thread starter macrumors member

Good to know and thank you. I guess I will hold off upgrading for now.