Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
My question about Network Diagnostics still seem relevant. To this I would add the question whether you've tried a hard-wired connection.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
My question about Network Diagnostics still seem relevant. To this I would add the question whether you've tried a hard-wired connection.

I have. Same problem.

And I don't even feel like explaining the details of this problem because they don't make any sense.

When I check my email using the Gmail application on my cellphone, my MBP suddenly downloads my email, and drops the connection again:confused:

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Well that is weird, but at least we can rule out Airport. Can you try this Mac on another router? Also, have you tried rebooting your router?

The other way to check if your router is implicated is by directly connecting your Mac to the modem, assuming you have that access.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Well that is weird, but at least we can rule out Airport. Can you try this Mac on another router? Also, have you tried rebooting your router?

The other way to check if your router is implicated is by directly connecting your Mac to the modem, assuming you have that access.

It works fine on any other network.

But I don't see how it can be my network either, because I have a Mac Mini running windows and a couple of Macs running Tiger on my network with o problems whatsoever.

I just hope 10.5.3 fixes this...

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
It works fine on any other network.

But I don't see how it can be my network either, because I have a Mac Mini running windows and a couple of Macs running Tiger on my network with o problems whatsoever.

I just hope 10.5.3 fixes this...

It this your only Mac running Leopard? Either way the fact that this Mac works on another router is an important clue. Did you try rebooting the router? If that doesn't work, I'd try creating a new location in Network Preferences.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
It this your only Mac running Leopard? Either way the fact that this Mac works on another router is an important clue. Did you try rebooting the router? If that doesn't work, I'd try creating a new location in Network Preferences.

Ah the new location trick worked.

Thank you:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.