Clean install problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Neo110503, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Neo110503 macrumors regular

So i decided to do a clean install last night. i got everything back to my old settings through downloads and now i am having some problems.

1) I lost my favorite font Bradley Hand and can't remember where i got if from
    2)My trash disappears sometimes and when it's in the dock it only has a full can even when it's empty.
    3) In dashboard the icon on the left hand side that usually has the widgets listed is a purple block and i can't "manage" my widgets either.

other than that i have only changed my dock color and the color of the indicators. I did all of the updates through SWU and other software updates.
    Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.

2. iGrant macrumors 6502a

Is this the font you are taking about?
    http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/bradley-hand/

As for the trash, I remember having a similar issue with my Macbook and it turned out to be because I had changed the dock color and the indicator colors so you might want restore the dock and indicator colors back to default and see if that helps.

-iGrant

3. Neo110503 thread starter macrumors regular

that is indeed the font. Any idea where i can get it for free and how i would go about installing it. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. iGrant macrumors 6502a

I just googles that title plus really quickly. I would just keep googling it till you come across a site that has it for free.

As for how to add the fonts, once you have found the font again, you go to Application --> Font Book, once that is open, go to File --> Add Font and then you select the font you have downloaded and click add.

-iGrant

5. Neo110503 thread starter macrumors regular

So i installed the trial to iWork 08' and found the font there. Problem solved.

6. Neo110503 thread starter macrumors regular

Something else i just noticed. In Stacks my "open in finder" button isn't there. It just has the text and a shadow when I open a Stack in Fan View.

7. Neo110503 thread starter macrumors regular