Clean Install Snow Leopard + iLife '09

Discussion in 'macOS' started by damgui, Aug 31, 2009.

1. damgui macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

I bought Snow Leopard on the Apple Store, I should recieve it in a few days. I know that officially we can't do a clean install of Snow Leopard (I already have Leopard on a mid '09 13' MBP), but as many of you may know it is actually possible to do it (here is a tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhLU...om/user/bullychris&feature=player_profilepage).

As you expect I'm planning to do a clean install of SL, but I'd like to know if iLife '09 will have to be reinstalled or if it is included in SL. If not, how do I do to install it, does the Applications DVD I got when I bought my MBP contains it, and will it be recognized by SL?

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

You can "officially" do a clean install in Disk Utility. iLife is not included on the 10.6 install DVD. Your applications DVD will work fine.

3. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

iLife is not included with Snow Leopard, you should have the disk from when you got the MBP, just install from that

4. damgui thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for your replies :)

The DVD I will recieve is the "Upgrade DVD" (I bought it 8.95$) but can I do a clean install with this DVD or do I have to buy the 29$ DVD?

Thanks again for your replies!

5. penyekz macrumors newbie

I have a macbook air and installed SL over remote drive via wifi. took just under an hour). Question is, how do I install iLife over remote drive? when I put in my applications CD into my windows desktop, it doesn't read.