Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I have the new iMac and I wanted to know what cleaning products that you use to clean the screen. The cleaning cloth that came with the machine is ok for dust, but anything more it's no good.

Cheers

Tim

Senor360

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Hmm..

What types of things are you allowing to get on that gorgeous machine of yours? My office from now on will be a drink, kid free zone. Maybe the wife too. ;):D

Mac Addict

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
Chicagoland
I've found the cleaning cloth that came with the iMac good enough to remove finger prints. I mist the cloth with warm water, like from a misting bottle, keep the cloth damp. Light / Med pressure is the trick. Try that if you haven't already.

Either way, good luck!

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
I've found the cleaning cloth that came with the iMac good enough to remove finger prints. I mist the cloth with warm water, like from a misting bottle, keep the cloth damp. Light / Med pressure is the trick. Try that if you haven't already.

Either way, good luck!

Same here, the included cleaning cloth and some dampening with water works more than adequately for keeping mine shiny and clean. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.