Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Littleboo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I'm stuck! Following the instructions on the link. I get stuck after I run through the security options. I have done the erase free space. but that is all and that didn't do it all. I clicked on Macitosh HD and that is my only option on erase. If I click on the HD above it - name 149.1 GB and a bunch of numbers - the volume format is now active. but I am not sure if that is where I need to be. I can then select a volume and I also see security options and erase. there are 5 volumes to choose form. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help! I am planning on giving it to a great non-profit - youth coming off the street and trying to find their place in the work world.

Nov 28, 2010
located

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
To make doubly sure, I put all my files that I wanted to keep safe into the trash (I had them backup up elsewhere), then did a Secure Empty Trash. Then I did a Clean Install.

Littleboo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
HELP!! I went to restart so I could try the above link and now I get this error. It has a box in the middle telling me I need to restart my computer, but every time I do the same stuff comes up. ont the top it says panic (appropriate!) then it has some cup stuff and says Unable to find driver for this platform. "powerMac8,1"

I tried to restart and I tried to remove the install disc.
:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.