clean up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grim103, Dec 22, 2009.

1. grim103 macrumors member

hi im trying to clean out my mac, 10.4.11, and i was wondering if there are any applications that are free (not demos) that may help with this process. thanks

2. coldspyder macrumors newbie

also looking for clean up advice

hi, I'm new to these forums and I'm in need of some advice in backing up files to a external hard drive, and can I delete the files that sit on the screen?, after I've back them up. I guess my question is once the files are on an external hard drive, do they need to continue to stay on the screen? I have at least 60gb's of memory I need to remove to continue using my mac book pro.
    Thanks in advance

coldspyder

I've put the files that are back up in the trash and would like to hit empty. Is this a good move?

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. coldspyder macrumors newbie

Hi, That doesn't answer my question, my drive is fine, what I've done is back up all my important files to an external hard drive, I wanted to know if the information that sits on the window is still taking up hard drive space and if so, can I just put what I've back up in the trash, considering the files are on a external hard drive, is my question. Again thanks in advance.

coldspyder

5. McGilli macrumors 6502

Yes just delete the ones on your screen. they are safe on the external drive.

6. coldspyder macrumors newbie

clean up

Thanks for that information, your a great help.

coldspyder