Clean Your Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slinky1, Sep 13, 2008.

1. slinky1 macrumors member

I've had my MacBook Pro 2.5G intel Dual core for 9 months.Have had a few e.mails from a company called Smith Micro.They have advertised a software program i can buy Called Spring clean up.It is said to get rid of numerous issues {release memory,delete duplicate programs and unwanted files and optimize memory space.Has anybody had any experince with this company or know of anything better for my Mac ?:confused:

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Spring Cleaning has been notorious for years, through a couple of different software companies, for its ability to thoroughly screw up your Mac. Avoid it.

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Just about anything that app can do can be done through the many free/shareware apps out there like Cocktail, Onyx, MacJanitor etc etc for much less $$$ ......

or thru the terminal, if you're into that :p

but yea, that app has been known as a bugabooboo, at least in past years anyways :)

FYI, Smith Micro used to make the fax software that was included with OS 8/9 back in the day, not sure if they still do or not, but it was never all that great either :eek:

4. slinky1 thread starter macrumors member

Clean Your Mac

Thanks for all the advice,All the best......:)