Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agent-x

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Hi guys

What do you guys use to clean your macbook pros.

And what do use for the screens?

Ive not cleaned my laptop since i purchased it over a year ago, sating that I have looked after it VERY well. It's like my little baby :rolleyes:

Anyway I want to clean the body and also the screen what should I use?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
A damp cloth if I need too but to be honest, I've not needed too. It generally holds up very well

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
I use a micro fibre cloth on the screen that I dampen a little if I get them stubborn little marks.

As for the body its still like new cos it is, only had it a couple of months now.

agent-x

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Hmm is there no liquid to wash the body with that wont harm it in anyway?

I love my macbook pro so dont want to harm it in anyway

Rhyalus

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
Any LCD screen solution that you can buy would work for the whole unit... just use a microfiber cloth.

R

FuNGi

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2010
California
It's metal and glass. You don't need microfiber or special cleaning solutions. Get a cotton rag and put a tiny bit of water or windex on it. Done.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
It's metal and glass. You don't need microfiber or special cleaning solutions. Get a cotton rag and put a tiny bit of water or windex on it. Done.

Microfiber tends to leave no dust behind versus cotton. Personally I'm not about lint in my keyboard.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
Water in a spray bottle and a microfiber cloth will do your MacBook Pro magic.
Also, I found this out when I was rearranging keys to Dvorak. Pop out the keycaps and clean under them once in a while; the underside can get quite filthy.

CocoSS

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
I use the microfiber thing that came with my MBP. It is good, i also use it to clean my iPhone. For the screen i use a regular clear display solution.

NewGuyHere

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2012
I use costco glasses cleaning solution that you get free refills with =} and a microfiber cloth. For the exterior, just dampen a cloth and wipe it.

jtus

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2007
The best product i have found is called iKlear. It can be purchased at any apple store or online. it's the only thing i've found to clean the screen on your computer and not leave streeks and smears, it will also clean the aluminum case and not harm it at all.

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
I find when using water to damped the cloth when I clean the screen if I then use a dry part of the cloth it leaves no smears what so ever and as mentioned above every last bit of dust is gone too leaving it sparking :)

iKlear, now how much is that stuff? A fortune for what it is no doubt ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.