Cleaned Macbook pro now battery doesnt work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by krypticos, Mar 19, 2015.

1. krypticos macrumors regular

So as the title say i took my macbook pro apart one day to clean it and reapply thermal paste. so took the machine apart with no issues applied my thermal paste put the machine back together and bam SMC doesnt see the battery at all. so now i have a crippled laptop and everything went fine taking it apart.

if there is anything anyone can think of that i can try please tell me. i am willing to try pretty much anything because the laptop is useless like this. i have ordered another battery in hopes that that is the issue.

2. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

3. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

Sadly i have tried that and it didnt work. im afraid something died on my logic board and this really sucks. Because smc doesnt see the battery at all. i can run the laptop on the battery if i boot in to windows and remove the power cord on boot it runs just fine. battery isnt seen under windows either and will not charge.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Is it possible a connection is loose (or worse broken)? I'd take it apart and double check your work.

5. krypticos thread starter macrumors regular

i have done this several times. sadly :( . i have checked and checked and just set and looked at everything and cant see anything physically wrong.

6. thewap macrumors 6502a

thewap

Try disconnecting battery and reconnecting? - just looking will probably not reveal anything.