cleanification

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by spleenattack, Sep 16, 2007.

1. spleenattack macrumors newbie

there is a forgein movie that i want to show to a friend, that they cant (religion) watch due to a couple small easily editable out parts

the problem is that i have tried various ways of ripping, and all of them either cut out the subtitles, or dont convert it to a format that i can put into Imovie

is there any way i can do this (without aditional non-free software)?

2. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Tell them to close their eyes at those points.
    I think it's an error to censor a film to make it appease to someone.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I have to agree with lighthouse_man.

Surely there are less time consuming ways to go about this, such as having them avert their eyes and put their hands over their ears at these moments. Most religions offer some sort of way for their practitioners to absolve themselves of accidental exposure to this sort of thing (should the see no evil/hear no evil approach fail to be 100% successful).

BTW, just out of curiosity...what's the movie and what's the religion?

4. spleenattack thread starter macrumors newbie

Amelie is the film, I have it on a DVD and the subtitles are on track 2

its not realy so much the religion as it is the parents,

5. spleenattack thread starter macrumors newbie

srry, not track 2, they are set as default to on, but mac the ripper wont do it with subs, and VLC couldnt get past the scrambler

I also tried some software that would have worked perfectly, but they wouldnt let me do it without a licence, and a screencapture program, which failed because my computer isnt strong enough to read a DVD and save a 1:30 long video at the same time.

6. spleenattack thread starter macrumors newbie

and also, I am just removing the nudity, i respect the creator of the film quite highly, but the person in question isnt permited to watch it unless i fix it.

7. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

So the parts are the little orgasm part at the very beginning and some of the scene in the guy's workplace?

If the parents don't want the person to see it, I wouldn't go against their wishes. Amélie will still be around when this person reaches adulthood.