Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
So I'm gonna clean up my MBP you know dirt and stuff and try and make it look new. I have to take the power adaptwr in because it is like frayed. So what else should i do to give it a nice cleaning? (Excluding dent and couple scratches) Even stuff to speed up the Hard Drive and OS. And my parents suprised me on Christmas Day with a 60 GB PS3 so I have money left so I might by a G4 Desktop. Any reccomendations? (iMac, Mac Mini w/ old crappy CRT, or PowerMac) I don't want to just buy an external keyboard and muse for the MBP.

This thread might be helpful to some people :)

Irish Dave

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2006
The Emerald Isle
So I'm gonna clean up my MBP you know dirt and stuff and try and make it look new. I have to take the power adaptwr in because it is like frayed. So what else should i do to give it a nice cleaning? (Excluding dent and couple scratches) Even stuff to speed up the Hard Drive and OS. And my parents suprised me on Christmas Day with a 60 GB PS3 so I have money left so I might by a G4 Desktop. Any reccomendations? (iMac, Mac Mini w/ old crappy CRT, or PowerMac) I don't want to just buy an external keyboard and muse for the MBP.

This thread might be helpful to some people :)

Get iKlear and a micro-fibre cloth, it will have it looking like new in no time :)

Dave

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
DSCN0213.jpg

A bottle of Klear Screen and their micro-fiber cloth.

dr427

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2005
Oklahoma City
A damp Microfiber cloth works well too with no chemical risk. Just be careful of the Microfiber quality. I have done tests on CD's and found some actually scratch.

toddster63

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2006
Sunny California Coast
iKlear and their micro-fibre cloth--the way to go! Try to buy the special kit from the Apple stores that also comes with the mico-fibre keyboard cover for when you close your MacBook (protects the screen from the oil and dirt on the keyboard), it's useful and a good bargain (the keyboard cover sells for $10 alone)...

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
water and a microfiber cloth work fine for me. i use the RadTech Screensavrz cloth.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
i find iKlear can be a bit inconsistent in the amount of spray that comes out and therefore can result in some streaking or slightly different looking areas after i wipe the screen down. overall it is pretty good, but i generally go to water as a first resort.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.