Cleaning a Lightning connector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Wolfpup, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I've had no end of problems with the Lightning connector over the years, have never had a device with one last more than 10 months, but I need iOS for a lot of reasons, so...

Well anyway I've got an iPhone 6s with Apple's Smart Battery Case. One of the reasons I bought it is I figured the lightning port on the phone itself would stay protected, since it's always connected.

About once a week I have to physically pull the phone out and reboot it a few times before it finally starts "seeing" the case again, but also, the physical plug on the case is starting to turn green. Bear in mind it remains in my 6s's port except for the minute here or there where I'm having to pull them apart to get the iPhone to recognize the case, and the iPhone has ONLY ever been used with the case.

I'm not sure why it has green on it, how that's possible, but I'm wondering-is there a safe way to clean these connectors?

2. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

I think something is indeed wrong with your Smart Battery Case. The discolouration is most likely a defect. The case not being detected by the phone from time to time is also odd. Since it is still under warranty I think a trip to the Apple Store would be worth it (even if you didn't buy it from the Apple Store). Also, they'd be made aware about a potential manufacturing defect.