Cleaning a Thunderbolt Display

Jbmjmo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say this but I have a problem with very stubborn smears and stains on my display. It seems like whenever I clean it, it stays clean for only a brief moment literally and just goes back to the way it was - 'hazy' etc.

I get a case of OCD knowing and seeing my screen in this state. I don't pay top dollar just to neglect it..

Been using iklear for the most part but have tried other LCD screen cleaners but I nothing seems to work.

If you have any suggestions, please share as I would love to put an end to this problem. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

John

needfx

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say this but I have a problem with very stubborn smears and stains on my display. It seems like whenever I clean it, it stays clean for only a brief moment literally and just goes back to the way it was - 'hazy' etc.

I get a case of OCD knowing and seeing my screen in this state. I don't pay top dollar just to neglect it..

Been using iklear for the most part but have tried other LCD screen cleaners but I nothing seems to work.

If you have any suggestions, please share as I would love to put an end to this problem. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

John
did the TB display come with a cleaning cloth? have you tried that?

on the other hand, I would not just use any cleaner on the market, don't know what corrosive chemicals they put in there.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It can be hard to clean them properly...I had the same problem a while back and like you I'm very compulsive when it comes to screens.

I bought a "Mitt" that came with a gel (which I don't use) but it's a micro-fibre glove which when damp makes cleaning the T/bolt and 27" Imac screens a breeze

You should be able to get one in the States:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/simplehuman...R8TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349772068&sr=8-1

When it gets dirty, I just put it in the washing machine...I actually use it on my MBA and MBP too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.