Cleaning Apple 5S case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by orangezorki, Oct 10, 2013.

1. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I'm loving my 5s and the brown Apple case. It's starting to age a bit, which is fine, but there is also a bit of greyish discolouration beginning to show which is clearly dirt. Does anyone know a good leather cleaner which would work for this?

Thanks very much,

David

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Age already? How old is the case?

3. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Apple warn their case customers that the look will change over time, since it's genuine leather. Aging after less than 3 weeks, however, sounds like there is something wrong with it.

4. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Its normal. I have the brown leather case and it turned on me in about a week, and thats without it being in my pockets.

5. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I hope you are ok:)

6. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I use leather shoe cleaner I purchased from footlocker. Seems to work pretty well without discoloration. Baby wipes also work well.

7. Seniordan macrumors regular

8. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I thought it was pretty funny

9. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Being serious i would use a damp cloth first. That's for the case, woops can't help myself:)

10. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

It's always good to read reviews before buying... Having read all the reviews on the Apple Online Store I went with the black leather case and it still looks perfect after 2 weeks.

11. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I really like the way the brown case is aging. It looks better than new, actually. New it's somewhat an orange-brown, but it's going more natural as it ages. Most of the case has darkened, with the high wear areas becoming flatter and a deep rich brown. I'm actually looking forward to it wearing a bit more.

12. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Just wanted to apologize for my actions. I didnt mean to offend anybody with the words that I said.

13. orangezorki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies,

Just to clarify - it's only 'ageing' a bit, just a bit of shinyness on the edges around the screen. Mainly, I can see that it's getting a bit grey, as it gets a bit dirty. I'll try the baby wipes and see how it goes.

David