Cleaning Apple Watch Sports Model

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gadgetgirl85, Oct 16, 2017.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I have tried cleaning my apple watch sports with a dab of water and microfibre cloth but it still looks just as dusty/smudgy. Any ideas?

2. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

Every few days, or after a workout, I run mine under the faucet and wipe it dry with a towel.
    Ive done this with my S0 watch since launch day, and currently do this with my S3 LTE watch.

3. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

I rinse mine under running water as well. Maybe every couple of weeks or as necessary. Mine is 2.5 years old and looks like new.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I showered with my S0 daily and now my S3. It prevents build up on the screen, heart rate monitor and Digital Crown. I noticed that if I didn’t wash the S0 daily, heart rate monitor wasn’t nearly as accurate.

5. darrinS macrumors 6502

darrinS

I rinse mine under the faucet and use a tiny bit of hand soap. Just water for me doesn’t do it. I also have a bottle of Whoosh cleaner and I use that for the underside.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The best for Method to clean the sport watch is exactly what you're doing now. Use a dry, clean microfiber cloth, with it being slightly damp and just wipe it down. You shouldn't have any issues removing any dirt or debris from that point.

7. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

I disagree. Depending on one’s useage of course, the odds are very high that at some point the digital crown will become stuck or hard to move due to accumulated dust or perspiration or . . . At that point a rinse is helpful and a microfiber cloth is not. The rinse also cleans the sport band.

8. Relentless Power, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I'm not sure what your disagreeing with or you didn't read the previous post I replied too. That poster I quoted was referring to "smudges and dusty." I wasn't referring to the Digital Crown itself for cleansing and neither was the OP. I was referring to cleaning the display/casing and wiping down the Watch on a daily basis with a microfiber cloth, with a minuscule amount of water if needed. As far as rinsing the Watch with water, that's based on how dirty it is. But I wipe mine down on a daily basis.

I have never had issues with the Digital Crown, but that would depend on one's uses and environment.