Cleaning Blackbook screen and keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by -Josh-, Nov 26, 2007.

1. -Josh- macrumors regular

What can I use to clean my Blackbook? I'd like to clean my screen firsthand, anbd maybe my keyboard and our ridges second. What product do you use?

Thanks,

Josh

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

3. schreck macrumors regular

I know of quite a few retail electronics stores that sell something very similar to this, just made by Monster. It's the same price, without shipping. ;) I use it, and it works wonderfully.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Really, this is all you need. The microfibre is important -- you don't want to scratch your screen.

5. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

6. TSE macrumors 68030

I just use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I just wet it down, rub, then take a undershirt and dry it off. Before that, I just wet down part of an undershirt and cleaned rubbed and dried it off with the other part of the undershirt, it worked okay, but it stretched out my undershirts, and took a little while to clean the screen.

7. dvd macrumors regular

dvd

Costco/Kirkland Baby Wipes followed by microfibre cloth for the black bits. Costco/Kirkland eyeglass cleaner sprayed on microfibre cloth for the screen (Free refills). Stuff that's always around my house anyway. :p

I use this freebie Keyboard Cleaner app to lock the keyboard and turn the screen black, makes it easier to clean.

8. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

I'd avoid using the Mr. Clean Erasers on the screen. They are mildly abrasive and will definitely put a nasty haze on your glossy display over time - I've seen them really scratch up screens and the external gloss on a white MacBook. They work fantastically though, on my white keyboard, palm rest and screen bezel.

Cheers

9. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I think the cleaning cloth is new with the Nov 2007 models.