Cleaning Day - ip4 condition

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBama, Jul 19, 2010.

1. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Took my IP4 out of the bumper for the first time today to clean the gunk that had collected around the rim. Gave the phone a good cleaning with Lens cleaning wipes (Zeiss from Sams Club, works great on glasses, cameras, etc.) and also gave it a close inspection.

Found no scratches on the front or back, nor on the metal band. Thought I saw the band scuffs others had reported from bumper-shifting, but it was just gunk that wiped off.

Tried the antenna touch and it took the phone from 3 bars to 1, but did not loose signal like it did before the patch. With the bumper on I could not get a signal reduction with either a spot touch or death grip.

2. BadMoon macrumors 6502

I have a bumper on mine. I take it off every other day and wipe it down with a cloth. Nothing to report. If I see something oh well. It's a phone. No biggie.

3. DLyman macrumors member

Doesn't taking in off and on that often stretch it out? Some have posted that their bumpers have got loose and sloppy fitting from taking it on and off too many times.

4. TheBama thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBama

Only the rubber part touches the phone when you take it off, unless you are trying to force it. The hard plastic center band helps it keep it shape and fit.

5. BadMoon macrumors 6502

No problems with stretching at all. If it does I have a cure. I will buy another one.

Honestly though if it indeed stretches by the time it does I will probably be ready for a new phone.

6. DLyman macrumors member

Thanks for the info. That's good to hear.