Cleaning disc didn't work in superdrive...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Scorch07, May 23, 2009.

1. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

I posted a thread a while back about my superdrive not wanting to read certain discs. Well, my cleaning disc finally got here and it hasn't done anything either, apparently. It took me a while to get the disc to even read enough to actually get to the cleaning cycle.

I'm still just baffled by the fact that some discs read perfectly while others won't read at all. I'm talking about two different brand-new audio CDs, nothing burned, nothing old or scratched up. Hillsong's I Heart Revolution pops right up and plays fine while Prospekt's March won't even mount. It sits there and make a eeeee-awwwww sound over and over then spits it back out. Is my only option to take it to the Apple store and probably pay some ridiculous repair fee since my dad talked me out of getting Apple Care (I know, I know, should've just blocked him out)? Please tell me someone has another idea haha.

2. metroid87706 macrumors regular

metroid87706

Try a can of compressed air.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

be careful doing this. or else you could get frozen liquid in there. just hold it back about 6in and you should be fine.

4. Scorch07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I've already tried this several times unfortunately. It actually seemed to work once, then it went back to doing it and air doesn't seem to help anymore.