Cleaning Exterior

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by XatoMonstar, Dec 10, 2008.

1. XatoMonstar macrumors newbie

Hey I got this Black Macbook, and I need to clean the exterior of the Mac but nothing seems to take off the Fingerprints well enough and Im afraid to use alcohol/any other substance that may damage the color or exterior of my Mac

(Note: I Already used the wipe that Apple gives you... Doesnt do the Job)

-Xato:apple:

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

A slightly damp Microfiber Cloth will clean most marks off the screen and the case. Polish with a dry microfiber cloth when clean. Cleaners and solvents often do far more harm than good.

3. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

50 50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water, wipe it down and it should do the trick

DONT use for the screen, for that, use a very slightly damp microfiber cloth (like at an auto parts store)

4. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

That is what I do and it always looks new afterwards. Takes about 3 minutes to clean the whole thing. No need to buy those expensive ripoff cleaners like iKlear. Water and a microfiber cloth will do the trick most of the time.

5. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I found that some 10 grit sandpaper and some acetone works wonders!! :D

haha, naw, i bought this cloth from walmart, its "scotch brite" brand, its blue, and its amazing!
    I seriously dont even ever have to wet it. It works great! Better than anything else i've tried.

6. amrk47 macrumors regular

7. danvan21 macrumors regular

8. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai