Cleaning? How Do You Clean An iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ItsAllLuck, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ItsAllLuck macrumors newbie

I've turned into a clean freak since I got an iTouch, especially when i see all the fingerprints and dirt that sticks to that thing and it is really to creeping me out! I'm looking for suggestions on good cleaners, not necessarily just for an iTouch, but anything with a screen... I'm slowly finding my OCD cleaning tendencies escalating into other rooms in my house like the lrooms with my computers and TVs, as well.

IKlear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW6puJWM05U

Monster's ScreenClean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZUmtfmg5Dw

These are two examples I've come across so far, but I'm not sure how reliable t the youtube reviews were and they were way too long.. Please help!

2. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

I just use my old 100% cotton white under-shirt that I don't wear anymore.

3. tenand2indy macrumors member

I follow these guidelines from Apple itself:

Cleaning iPod touch
    To clean iPod touch, unplug all cables and turn off iPod touch (press and hold the Sleep/ Wake button, then slide the onscreen slider). Then use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPod touch.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Sounds like you're developing a case of OCD. Get an iKlear kit and use that to clean your iPod every now and then. Dont get carried away with it though.

5. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Just get an Anti-Glare screen protector, I can never tell that it's used, touching never leaves fingerprints, no smudges, always looks perfect, it's awesome.

6. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Every screen protector I have used affects the image. I just dampen a piece of tissue, dab the screen, then use a Microfiber cloth to clean

7. Ericatomars macrumors regular

If your ipod touch is really that dirty then maybe it should be your hands you should be cleaning instead of wasting money on crap that the bottom of your tshirt can do for free.

Just get a good screen protector. If you put it on right you wont have any bubbles on the screen and finger prints will be a thing of the past~:eek:

8. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Spray bottle with water on mist and lint free cloth works great on LCD monitors,it's what I use and it doesn't mess with the screen at all.

9. ryanide macrumors 6502

10. Maccin475 macrumors member

Run it under the tap for a few. Should be squeaky clean.

11. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

I prefer the dishwasher...on the potscrubber cycle.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

iPod touch
    iPod touch
    iPod touch
    iPod touch
    iPod touch
    iPod touch
    iPod touch

13. Maccin475 macrumors member

Hmm...I never thought about this one. I shall give this a try.

14. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

Just be sure you have rinse aid in the dispenser so the screen comes out w/o water spots! <g>

15. Maccin475 macrumors member

Always do. Thanks for the heads up! :D

16. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

glad to see I'm not the only who that is aggravated by "iTouch" references. Reminds me of a scene in Mean Girls, when Regina tells one of her followers, "Grechen stop trying to make "fetch" happen! It's not going to happen!!"

17. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

I vote for Windex. I know its bad for LCDs but the iPod screen is covered in glass doesn't harm it. It works awesome for the finger prints on the back too!

18. ItsAllLuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha maybe it is so dirty cuz I keep it in my bag all the time and I prefer the traditional shiny covers, I agree that the anti glare things never look right on the phone and distort some things.

The dishwasher suggestion was a good one btw...

19. GoJonny78 macrumors newbie

Agreed. Although it makes the screen a bit foggy, the anti-glare by power support is great.

20. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

+1