Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
Now I know how i can clean the bottom of it but how would I go about cleaning the keyboard cause its looking really grubby, please tell me what to use and all the precautions

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I suppose you're not just asking for a link to iKlear.

I use it for my powerbook to clean the screen, case, and keyboard, and it keeps all of it looking great. As for cleaning underneath the keys, that's a bit beyond my ability. I don't look under there, though :D

Cheers

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
I always just use a damp cloth to clean my iBook. Just be careful with the keyboard though, you dont want to go rubbing off the letters. Just take your time :). I need to clean my iBook now.....i was doing homework, and some ink got on my finger, and now one the case :eek: . Dont you just hate how ink sorta 'sticks' to it?

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
I use a microfiber cloth that I bought at Staples.

It's $6 US and some change for two cloths.

They work amazingly, and you can just wet it a bit with some water.

Just remember to clean the screen first, then other parts, dry it and do the bottom. (This is because the cloth CAN pick up dust that scratches your screen, but I haven't seen anything like that. Better safe than sorry though, right?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.