Cleaning iPad2 screen??

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tanax, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Tanax macrumors 6502a

I just got my iPad2 screen protector and before I put it on I need to clean the screen of all the smudges, fingerprint and other residue that might be there.

As I understand it everyone says that I should use a lint-free cloth to wipe the screen, my question is if this will remove the smudges and everything opposed to just smearing it out on the screen?? Is there perhaps a better more thorough way of doing it?

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I use a microfiber cloth to clean my iPad screen, all the smudge marks are gone once I wipe it down.

3. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Microfiber cloth. No substance.

I do sometimes use this substance called Klear Screen.

4. Tanax thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doesn't this only smear the smudge out all over the screen rather than clean them off? When I did this before, my screen got a "clean" look(e.g. no fingerprints nor visible smudge) but it was still a lot of body fat and residue left on the screen so it didn't really remove it from the screen.

I really do feel safer if I would be using some sort of cleaning-substance. I'm just scared of damaging the screen. Do you know more substances like the Klear Screen? :)

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

6. Tanax thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, cheers :)