Cleaning iPhone 4 screen "crevice"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SeanZy, Sep 3, 2010.

1. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

So obviously with the apple bumper, a lot of crap accumulates inside and around it.

Now my question is: What is the most effective method to clean out the small particles and crap that are between the screen and the edge of the phone? There is a little crevice there and I have some stuff inside of it. A simple cloth clean obviously doesnt work.

Help is appreciated!!

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Use a cotton bud. Or in US 'a q tip' slightly dampened with saliva.

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

NO SALIVA!!!!!

use alcohol or you can buy computer wipes in places like office depot. but they are mainly alcohol. saliva can actually cause water damage if you get it in the wrong place. the alcohol will dry almost instantly.

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I said 'slightly' damp. How best to explain....in and out of the mouth quickly like sucking a thread to ease putting in into a needle.
    Not dripping with saliva like a some kind of swab!
    Alcohol is not recommended to clean any Apple product. Plus - a cotton bud can be moulded to a point to reach those difficult bits....of which there are many on the iPhone.

If not as if anyone else is gonna know u use saliva...or the dampness of the mouth, to be more accurate...