Cleaning Mac book pro screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SarahCat, Mar 1, 2015.

1. SarahCat macrumors member

I have a 13 inch mac book pro retina and it has a little bit of dust on the screen. I don't want it to ruin my brand new computer so I was wondering what the best ways to clean it were. I know the no abrasive and soft lint free cloth, but I was hoping for something more specific like a cleaning pray that won't ruin screen or internals. Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Here is the official info from Apple. I usually spray a little Invisible Glass on a microfiber cloth and wipe it off with that.

3. SarahCat thread starter macrumors member

Hi thank you very much. I was wondering if anyone has tried iCleaner or Whoosh from the apple store accessory page and what they think.

4. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

AM 80104 Screen Cleaner Anti-run Gel 200ml is excellent. It's quite thick so doesn't run, spray it onto the cloth and then clean your screen. I use it on a rMBP, iMac and my plasma television. One bottle lasts years.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had to windex on my computer one time, because my kids had used my laptop and made an utter mess of the thing. Suffice to say they're no longer permitted to use it.

6. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Cleaning Mac book pro screen

Grab a bottle of Monster Screen Clean ($10 on Amazon). I use it to clean my TVs and my MBP. Doesn't have a lot of chemicals and helps with static.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000068P8W/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/181-9501105-2620905

Don't use windex since that has a lot of chemicals and can eventually damage the screen.

7. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I stopped using any sort of cleaner a long time ago. I've been using a micorofiber cloth moistened with a small amount of water to clean the screen, keyboard, etc.

8. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

How about the cloth that come with my iMacs. If it's not for cleaning up the computer, what are they for then.

Hugh

9. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

10. jeyf macrumors 6502

Apple recommends using prayer to clean the new MBP screens. Prayer is most likely not going to wear off the protective coating.

11. nicovh macrumors 6502

nicovh

Your post reminded me of this hahaha

12. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Double dittos on this

13. xoAnna macrumors member

They work great but are very easily misplaced/lost!

14. Schranke macrumors 6502

Schranke

I do some hobby photography and are using lukewarm/warm water with a microfiber cloth to all my equipment.
    Usually makes the whole cloth wet and clean the screen, afterwards I use a dry cloth just to remove any left over water and dust.

Like a brand new screen

15. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

I just use the Apple branded microfiber cloth that came in my Mac's box.

16. sic77 macrumors newbie

+1 on a good microfibre cloth and small amount of water on it. Buy one of those empty plastic spray containers and use it to spray water on the cloth. Wipe down your screen with the slightly moistened cloth then either use the dry side of the same cloth or a separate dry cloth to get the new screen, no smudges look.