Cleaning MacBook Pro Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mastaofdisasta, May 25, 2011.

1. mastaofdisasta macrumors member

Hey guys, got a simple question. I have a glossy MacBook Pro screen and she needs her screen cleaned. I have a bunch of those Flent's Wipe N' Clear Anti-fog/Anti-Static wipes lying around the house and I was thinking about using those wipes to clean it off, but I'm not sure if it's safe to use on the screen. I did a quick Google search just in case, but I'm not getting a definitive answer. So I want to ask everyone out there......are these wipes safe to use on screen?

Just in case if you guys were wondering, the ingredients are: water, isopropyl alcohol, detergent, and anti-static.

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

It should be just fine. I've used regular liquid cleaner for my glasses on my screen before, and it's never caused me any problems. As long as the wipes aren't rough to the touch or anything, it should be perfectly safe for use on your computer.

3. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

As far as I can tell the screen is glass. Those wipes should be fine, but you really don't need anything special.

A soft, dampened cloth is really all you need. Just avoid spraying anything directly on it. You don't want to inadvertently get liquid into the machine.

4. Guini macrumors newbie

5. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

I bought screen cleaner from the Apple store, on the grounds that if they sell it and it damages the screen, it's not my fault. Basically, it's watered down isopropyl alcohol. Anything you use to clean glasses, camera lenses, etc should be OK (don't use anything ammonia based, like window cleaner).