Cleaning MacBook Pro speaker Grille?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wayland1985, Jul 7, 2009.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I have a non-unibody, early 2008 MBP. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but there's some sort of debris buildup in my speaker grille. I've tried using a vacuum cleaner attachment, compressed air, and even tape.

I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas/tricks to getting the speaker grille's clean. Or do I have to deal with it? :eek:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you use compressed air, you'll be forcing the debris into the computer which I don't think you want. If you have a small vacuum or one that doesn't have a lot of suction, that is probably your best option.

I have a unibody MBP and I'm trying to find a solution to remove the build of dust and stuff myself.

3. m85476585 macrumors 65816

You can take it apart and try to use compressed air from the bottom. There it some black plastic on the inside to keep stuff from falling into the computer, but I think it is perforated so compressed air would be able to get through.

4. zp3dd4 macrumors member

yeah i'm looking for an easy option to do that too...

5. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd rather not take it apart until the warranty has ran out. I still have a buggy sound card that can use a repair.

It's almost like the black liner is a sticky-tape. The debris holds on quite well to it...