Cleaning macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cherrysftw, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Cherrysftw macrumors member

Hey I recently bought a rmbp and love it. I tried cleaning it after 2 months of purchase as it did acquire a great deal of mess.

I used the black cloth that comes with the macbook and made the tip wet with water and used that to clean the screen, which is very clean right now. Is this the safest way to go about cleaning the screen?

For the keys/inner/outer body I used a cloth made for cleaning and did the same.

Is this the correct approach to cleaning? I want to preserve the freshness of the laptop. Also I can't seem to clean the fan area as it is too small. Is there anything I can do about that or should I leave it?

Also is there anything I should download for cleaning the OS itself.

2. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

You are doing fine just make sure that the Cloth that you are using is not too wet. should be lightly moist, damp I would say so that water not dripping out of it. I don't think you need to worry about cleaning the Fan in the rMBP just leave it as it is..

Cleaning the OS I am not quite sure what does that mean ? :rolleyes:

3. Cherrysftw thread starter macrumors member

As in to keep the system running smooth.

Speaking of smooth, why is scrolling using the mousepad un-smooth? Also when I press F3 there some sort of small lag or choppiness. Is that normal?

I have the new mbpr 8gb ram 256gb ssd.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You did the right thing. A damp, micro fibre cloth is what I use on all my Apple stuff...no chemicals just a wipe over.

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

6. Cherrysftw thread starter macrumors member

After Im done cleaning, should i completely wet the cleaning cloths and let them dry?

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I put my micro towels in the laundry with other cleaning cloths. No problem at all.