Cleaning MacBook with an air duster

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cheesyappleuser, Aug 25, 2015.

1. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Hi everyone!

I've had my MacBook Pro for a while now, and I was thinking of cleaning it, specially on the keyboard and vents and every little place that is impossible to clean with a cloth. So, I've come across air dusters, but I don't know if they might damage the computer. I'd also like to use this to clean my iPhone in a similar fashion.

Is it okay to clean a computer like this, or is it better to use something like a toothbrush or a dedicated electronics brush?

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

That's exactly what they're for.

Go right ahead.

3. danwestbrook macrumors regular

danwestbrook

For a even better clean think about removing the bottom of the case, recently did mine and now noticeably quieter and cooler... mine was a 2012 Retina Mac Book Pro so had quite a few years worth of dust build up.

4. cheesyappleuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Interesting… no problems due to the build of the computer then? (like soldered components)

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Nope. They're designed for this sort of job.

At work we've got an air compressor in the workshop as it works out cheaper in the long run.

6. danwestbrook macrumors regular

danwestbrook

No all running fine, part from 2 dead pixel's on the screen but I use its 7 days a week so cant really complain, price you pay for being an early adopter :)