Cleaning/Maintenence

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FlyinPig, Dec 26, 2008.

1. FlyinPig macrumors newbie

Just got my brand new Aluminium Macbook for Christmas (2.4Ghz). It's absolutely perfect.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed how dirty they seem to get over a very short period of time. Fingerprints on the iSight where you open the MacBook and fingerprints all over the keyboard - those are the main two really. Although, I do have a Border Collie who molts throughout the year, however the dog fluff can just been blown off before I log in I suppose.

Can anyone recommend any cleaning products available in the UK which will keep my Mac looking shiny and new? Specifically something for the keyboard, considering the cloth that was included in the box does a pretty fine job of cleaning the display.

=)

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

You dont need anything "special"
    I use a DAMP paper towel on my keyboard every few days and it stays looking like new. As for your glass near the iSight, I guess dont touch it. Even with the cleanest of hands you will leave finger prints on the screen. I bought a microfiber cloth to wipe it off. It does a really good job.

3. goldfronts macrumors member

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

5. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Here is a thread that has already been started about this topic

6. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Make sure you are only using microfiber cloths on the screen. A paper towel is rough enough to scratch it.

I've heard good thing about iKlear for cleaning the screen, however. I usually just use a bit of water.

7. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I also use Radtech Screen Savrz. It is an excellent product. A must buy.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Have you used the Radtech cloth wet yet? I'm curious how it handles that...