cleaning??? MBP and iPad

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Just a soft, damp cloth works fine. No special cleaning liquids required.

How to clean Apple products

Apple also gives instructions on how to clean your Mac in the User Guides for the MBA, MBP and iMac:
Cleaning your Mac When cleaning the outside of your Mac and its components, first shut down your Mac, and then unplug the power adapter. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the Mac exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Do not spray liquid directly on the computer. Do not use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives that might damage the finish.

Cleaning the Mac screen To clean your Mac screen, first shut down your Mac and unplug the power adapter. Then use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with just water and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.
Also, you'll find plenty of suggestions by searching through the many existing threads on this topic, such as these:

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
That really doesn't work for me I tired it. My hands are really oily so I need something to cut it and plain water doesn't work

Lucky555

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
I use iklear for my rMBP, it's the best i've tried. I tried to clean my screen with the apple cloth that came with my laptop but i was not happy about the result. +1 for iklear;)

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Well it has an "i" in front of it. So clearly it does magic on Apple products. :rolleyes:

One story I once was told about TV spray (which we eventually bought) was that it doesn't glide down into the TV but stays where it's sprayed. That way it won't short circuit.

Mojo1

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2011
Google Radtech OmniCleanz. It is non-conducting so No Worries about damaging electronic components. (And no, it doesn't contain distilled water and vinegar...)

It works great cleaning greasy fingerprints on keyboards, displays, digital cameras/lenses... you name it. No residue either. I've used it for a few years and my MBPs look like new; a quick cleaning once a month or so is alll it takes.

A soft dampened cloth is often all you need... but if that doesn't do the trick then you need to use something that can cut through the grease and grime without harming your hardware.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Well it has an "i" in front of it. So clearly it does magic on Apple products. :rolleyes:

One story I once was told about TV spray (which we eventually bought) was that it doesn't glide down into the TV but stays where it's sprayed. That way it won't short circuit.
Ahh Samus, looking good... I've never had that problem, but I've also never sprayed anything directly onto the screen, I usually dampen the cloth I'm using then apply.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Guys,

Any ideas how to clean this space?
Some sh** got in there and I can't clean it properly now... It stays there.

Thanks

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
For years I have been using a $2 bottle of this:

glassplus.jpg

It has no Ammonia. Just spray it on a soft cloth towel and rub away. screens, metal, everything.

49JC

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2010
Agree. Ive been using glass cleaner diluted in water. Works great. Does great also as a little light cleaning around the keyboard.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
Techlink anti bacterial screen cloth (about £5/$10 on Amazon) for the display works a treat - cuts through grease and hand prints. I just use a damp micro fibre cloth for the aluminium/keyboard.

As for that gap around the screen at the bottom, just use a wooden tooth pick/cocktail stick to scrape the dust out. Just don't press too hard :)