Cleaning MBP Glossy 15 inch screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matt1987, Aug 27, 2007.

1. matt1987 macrumors member

I have this stuff called IKlear from the Apple Store but I'm wondering if I should even use it.

On my old MBP, I was always suspicious of this permenant little discoloration or blemish. I always wondered if it came from the IKlear stuff - which said it was good for MacBook's but not MBP's.

So, what should I do? I got a cloth that came with the IKlear and I got this SMUDGE of a fingerprint on my screen that is semi-annoying me.

Suggestions?

2. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Never used Iklear, myself, but I typically use a damp, warm, lint free cloth for initial wiping and a dry lint free cloth for buffing.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I had no problems with iKlear on my glossy MacBook screen. I don't see why a glossy MacBook Pro screen would be any different? :confused:

If it's just a smudge you're after, spray a super-small amount of iKlear on the iKlear cloth wipe and touch up that area.

4. tngisaga macrumors member

I find that using a microfiber cloth with some water does the trick.

5. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

I mixed 90% Isopropyl Alcohol with Distilled Water for a 50/50 concentration and it cleans my MBP glossy screen fine...it's also a lot cheaper than buying iClear or whatever else for basically the same thing. I just need to get a new microfiber cloth for cleaning the screen, anyone have any recommendations? I've been using an old and dirty sunglass one...

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i use the monster cable brand cleaner stuff, it works wondefuly, ive never found anything else that dosent leave smear marks

7. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride