Cleaning MBPr

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cherrysftw, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Cherrysftw macrumors member

i've lost my cleaning cloth that came with the macbook, and I recently had the screen replaced. I want to preserve its aesthetics so what should I buy for cleaning?

I'm obsessed with cleaning, so what are a few items to buy for cleaning the machine, both the screen and the body?

cheers

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Firstly stop being obsessed with cleaning the more you do the more chance you will damage the machine and ruin those aesthetics you are trying to preserve. Think of it as overpolishing the family silver and exposing the brass under the gilt.

Secondly apple has clear advice for cleaning, don't use any products on it at all. For the screen a clean microfibre cloth very slightly dampened should be used and for the body a dry clean lint free cloth.

As an example I wipe my screen maybe once a week and the body maybe once a month and after 18 months mine looks like new.

3. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

4. Cherrysftw thread starter macrumors member

dunno what that means brah, i bought a macbook due to its aesthetics. Do u know any good replacement cloths for the original that came with the macbook? I just want a clean machine, hate seeing touch marks on the screen.

5. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

cotton diaper or old cotton t shirt, maybe a good cotton towel. Just enough WATER (nothing else) to rub off grubbies. I treat my rMBP the same as I treat my eyeglasses.

6. Samuelsan2001, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015

Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Why on earth would you touch the screen??

Just put microfibre cloths into amazon there are about a million to choose from.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...,168&rh=i:aps,k:microfibre+cloths+for+screens

7. Sicapo macrumors newbie

I use the same cloth as the one for my reading glasses.

8. Orr macrumors 6502

Orr

Being OCD and having expensive technology is not a good combination.

9. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Sigh.

10. Cherrysftw thread starter macrumors member

yea i hate this but gotta mire mbpr aesthetics when its looking clean as *** cuz.