Cleaning MBPRo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by niewiesznic, Mar 2, 2011.

1. niewiesznic macrumors regular

niewiesznic

Hello,
    Has anybody tried to clean and secure MBPro Unibody with this :

Mr McKenic® Contact Cleaner & Lubricant
    Here is the link to the producer:
    http://www.mr-mckenic.com/

I have seen that this spray makes it secure to water damage, and cleans electronic devices.

Can I use it with my MBPro? Can I clean and secure motherboard pcb and keyboard and ports with it ?

I also plan to re-apply thermal paste with the IC Diamond 7 carat. Is it worth it ?
    Here is the review:
    http://xtreview.com/addcomment-id-2884-view-IC-diamond-7-vs-arctic-silver-5-review.html

Take care,

P. G.

2. Derango macrumors regular

I wouldn't put anything on the motherboard...period.

3. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I am convinced that the "thermal paste" stuff is SNAKE OIL - nothing more.

Apple laptops have had gobs of thermal paste applied for years and years. It does not look pretty, but if were causing problems the assembly process would have been modified years ago.

4. niewiesznic thread starter macrumors regular

niewiesznic

I am just asking if anyone have had ANY experiences with cleaning MBPro with Mr. McKenic and applying thermal paste IC Diamond 7 carat. Any of those experiences.

5. axu539 macrumors 6502a

It has not been changed because it does not DRAMATICALLY increase rate of defective machines, but it is still a problem. Apple's manufacturing process saves time I guess by simply throwing the paste on without spreading or thinning it, but by doing so, users end up with warmer than necessary machines. Anybody who has done the modification has gotten temperatures up to 10-15 degrees celsius cooler on all tasks.

6. niewiesznic thread starter macrumors regular

niewiesznic

7. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Depending on how old your computer is, putting thermal paste on will void warranty as far as I know/heard. Correct me if I'm wrong :(

8. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

link? most thermal paste changes create only a 3C-5C advantage. I'd like to see evidence of claims of 10C-15C.