Cleaning microfiber cloths in washing machine?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stanw, Jun 3, 2013.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

I have a a bunch of microfiber cloths that I put into the washing machine with regular washing machine soap and now I'm not sure if I should have. I want to make sure the cloths are not abrasive for use on my displays. Any idea if there are any issues with what I did?

Thanks.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

That's how I wash mine, I've never had issues.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

They do a better job if you do not use fabric softener. Otherwise just wash them like most towels.

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

You can purchase large bags of microfiber cloths at Costco, Sam's, and many others for cheap. So you don't have to worry about ruining expense microfiber cloths.

5. skorpien macrumors 68020

It's been answered, but I'd like to chime in too. I wash mine in the washing machine all the time and I've had no issues with any of them scratching any screens/lenses/devices.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I washed it with washing machine…no problem whatever! :apple:

7. CalebLevArn macrumors member

I also do mine in the washer and dryer.

No problems yet.

8. white.thomas macrumors newbie

This has been answered, but just to chime in, I wash mine in my commercial Speed Queen from Mac-Gray and have never had any issues.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Doesn't matter. Just don't use fabric softener. Adding vinegar may help. You can use microfiber detergent if you want but that's really not necessary.

Detergent won't make it abrasive. Washing it with other stuff that contains grit is what will.

10. mfram macrumors 65816

Use the "clear" detergents with a minimum of perfumes. Use hot water. Avoid any kind of fabric softeners. And if you use those dryer sheets at all, avoid putting the towels in the dryer. Air dry them.

Fabric softeners will leave a film of stuff on microfiber making them less effective.

11. Mini125 macrumors newbie

As a keen amateur Detailer, the best way an most used in industry is to wash them on low 40 or so with non bio product. Adding distillers vinegar init he softner draw will remove any reminiscence of soap before final rinse. Hang to dry or if pushed for time wash dry on cool air on delicate setting.

12. Olsen123 macrumors newbie

13. jdaniel macrumors 65816

i hand wash mine with woolite and a quick gentle dry