Cleaning my mac book pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ert3, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Anyone have any tips for what they do?

I found one tip that appears to work but i don't want to run to walmart for something I can do at home.

It all seems like typical discoloration, splotches on the screen that are visible when it is off and some black scratch like marks around the palm areas and mouse.

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

I use "iKlear" which is sold by dozens of vendors (Apple, Amazon, etc).

http://www.klearscreen.com/iKlear.aspx

I also use the screen protector from RadTech which is a microfiber cloth that covers the keyboard and trackpad to prevent oils and gunk on the keyboard from coming in contact with the screen.

http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreenSavrz.aspx

3. DebtManWalking macrumors newbie

I used everything and the best I found was a nice soft paper towl damp with water and a nice soft cloth to wipe off the dampness.

Works like a damn, and you don't have to worry about your finish or wreckin anything (assuming you know the difference between damp and sopping wet)

Cheers!

DebtManWalking

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Exactly. Save your money and follow this advice.

5. ert3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ert3

Yeah that was the main idea. Find a cleaning method that does not have me running out to buy some sort of cleaning device.

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is good for cleaning the Wrist pad, keyboard, top and bottom cases etc... It is not used to clean the screen.