Cleaning my macbook pro screen.

lionheart619

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
I spray on the screen, Will that damage my screen? I have glossy macbook pro, and I have hard time cleaning the screen. Any tips?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Just use the Microfiber that came with the MacBook Pro, that stuff works wonders in removing fingerprint smudges, and I've noticed that it always works great, without any liquids to boot.

punchwalk

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
Maryland, USA
I just use warm water and a microfiber cloth for washing and a dry microfiber cloth to dry and polish. Works perfectly. The same can be used for the entire outside of the MBP.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Just use iKlear and microfiber. I don't do that much often anymore however. I installed a PS AntiGlare SP and it makes a big difference. It's great to me because I wasn't liking the constant reflections and the lights and how easily finger prints would show, even when the screen was on.

plethon

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
On the glass–covered glossy screens, you could use a paper towel if you wanted instead of microfiber (I have when cleaning a friend's). On the anti–glare screens, microfiber.

I prefer Pledge for electronics to iKlear; iKlear is overcosted per ounce/use in comparison. You just need an effective, but anti–static cleaner.

chillfrilla

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2011
On the glass–covered glossy screens, you could use a paper towel if you wanted instead of microfiber (I have when cleaning a friend's). On the anti–glare screens, microfiber.

I prefer Pledge for electronics to iKlear; iKlear is overcosted per ounce/use in comparison. You just need an effective, but anti–static cleaner.
just go to an optomitrist and buy a cleaner for eyeglasses. it works just as well as iklear at the fraction of the cost. if it works on fragile eye wear, why not the macbook screen

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan
I use pre moistened eyeglass cleaning wipes for the most part. Either that or a microfiber cloth if it's just normal fingermarks.

stiv396

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2010
Sydney
Water and Moshi Tera glove works really well for me and don't spray the solution directly on the screen, spray it on the micro fibre. ;)