Cleaning my macbook pro screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lionheart619, Jan 2, 2012.

1. lionheart619 macrumors member

I spray on the screen, Will that damage my screen? I have glossy macbook pro, and I have hard time cleaning the screen. Any tips?

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Just use the Microfiber that came with the MacBook Pro, that stuff works wonders in removing fingerprint smudges, and I've noticed that it always works great, without any liquids to boot.

4. chillfrilla macrumors member

5. punchwalk macrumors regular

I just use warm water and a microfiber cloth for washing and a dry microfiber cloth to dry and polish. Works perfectly. The same can be used for the entire outside of the MBP.

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Just use iKlear and microfiber. I don't do that much often anymore however. I installed a PS AntiGlare SP and it makes a big difference. It's great to me because I wasn't liking the constant reflections and the lights and how easily finger prints would show, even when the screen was on.

7. plethon macrumors newbie

plethon

On the glass–covered glossy screens, you could use a paper towel if you wanted instead of microfiber (I have when cleaning a friend's). On the anti–glare screens, microfiber.

I prefer Pledge for electronics to iKlear; iKlear is overcosted per ounce/use in comparison. You just need an effective, but anti–static cleaner.

8. chillfrilla macrumors member

just go to an optomitrist and buy a cleaner for eyeglasses. it works just as well as iklear at the fraction of the cost. if it works on fragile eye wear, why not the macbook screen

9. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

I use pre moistened eyeglass cleaning wipes for the most part. Either that or a microfiber cloth if it's just normal fingermarks.

10. stiv396 macrumors newbie

stiv396

Water and Moshi Tera glove works really well for me and don't spray the solution directly on the screen, spray it on the micro fibre. ;)