cleaning my white macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by con2mac, Jan 17, 2008.

1. con2mac macrumors newbie

hello all, one question please...

is there a way to clean my white macbook ? the area beside

the trackpad is a bit dirty !

do the aluminium mac laptops get dirty ?

best regards...

2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I recommend using a damp Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I've cleaned up my wrist rests and trackpad area many times with magic erasers. They work great! Just make sure to use a DAMP magic eraser, not dripping with water. Also, I'd recommend turning off your MacBook while you're cleaning it.

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

You know, I've seen a number of people recommend those for cleaning stains. I've used one myself in the past, but never to clean a computer. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it just a very fine, foam-like sandpaper, i.e., an abrasive? I suppose if you're gentle it won't hurt, but what about long-term damage?

4. islandman macrumors 6502

5. m005e macrumors newbie

ok the apple website in the support bit, there is a section about cleaning macbooks, check it out

6. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

I am pretty sure that basically tells you a damp cloth. Just make sure you don't use too much water!

7. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I can, without a doubt, say from experience that the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work really well. Just have a damp cloth handy to wipe off the chemicals and then a dry one to dry the machine. The damp/dry cloth was just an additional precaution I went through just in case the chemicals were to do something later in the future.

So many people have used the erasers on their MacBooks that most, if not all, recommend it. Just test a small part of the MacBook if you are worried about it ruining the machine.