Cleaning out Mail.app IMAP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by suicidal nun, Feb 19, 2008.

1. suicidal nun macrumors member

Hello all,

I've been struggling with setting up Mail.app with Gmail and had to reconfigure it a few times.

However, it seems that my previous settings and mail downloads are affecting my current setting, is there a way where I can completely wipe mail.app and start all over again?

I am using Gmail IMAP and it's been really frustrating to set up perfectly because now I keep getting duplicates of drafts / sent mail, and archiving (deleting on Mail.app archives the mail) takes forever, and opening a message means I have to wait for it to load.

Any suggestions? What settings do you have?

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I have the same setup, and I also had problems getting mail to recognize my account. I just deleted my account and redid it. It took a few tries but now I haven't had any problems for months. Also, the autosave. It seemed to save a draft every time I typed a sentence. I went into preferences and either disabled or set it to save much less frequently. Anyway, look there.