Cleaning Poll

When cleaning the kitchen floor, do you push the debris...

• ...under the refrigerator.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Because we’re keeping it real.
That's not real, that's disgusting. I'd rather not do anything that would promote any sort of invasion of cockroaches or other infestation. If I'm making an effort to clean the kitchen (which I do clean), then part of that is using a dust pan.

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
On the rare occasions these days when I carry out that task, I use a dustpan; however, I also tend to mutter, curse, and swear foul oaths while thus engaged. Suffice to say, I would never have made a casting call for those drippy 50s ads of the 'happy housewife'.

Outsourcing in such matters works.

kazmac

macrumors G3
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
On the rare occasions these days when I carry out that task, I use a dustpan; however, I also tend to mutter, curse, and swear foul oaths while thus engaged. Suffice to say, I would never have made a casting call for those drippy 50s ads of the 'happy housewife'.

:p

The happy housewives in those ads and shows probably cursed a plenty when being asked to present housework such as cleaning kitchens, floors and bathrooms as joyful. “The only reason why I am @&*%*# smiling, you’re paying me to.”

I am with @maflynn on keeping the house bug free, unless you’re talking spiders and praying mantis. Those two are welcome in our home.

If it were up to me, I’d get a Roomba or a cleaning service.

Gutwrench

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
That's not real, that's disgusting. I'd rather not do anything that would promote any sort of invasion of cockroaches or other infestation. If I'm making an effort to clean the kitchen (which I do clean), then part of that is using a dust pan.
Good grief. Lol, a little too tight in literal department. :confused:

[doublepost=1538242364][/doublepost]
Outsourcing is a fine option. I take advantage of it in both places.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.