Cleaning Power Support Crystal film

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by swindmill, Sep 22, 2007.

1. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

My power support screen protectors have dust on the 'sticky' side that I would like to clean off so that I can use them again. However, I have found it nearly impossible to clean anything off of that side. Is there a way to completely clean the 'sticky' side?

2. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

This worked for me. First I put a large piece of packing tape on the sticky side and then peeled it off to remove the small dust and hairs. Then I washed it off with water thouroghly rubbing the sticky side with my fingers. Lastly I placed the film sticky side down on glossy paper to dry, wax paper could possibly work to. It took a few tries before I got it right mostly because I wasn't patient enough to let it dry completly, I eventually let it dry overnight. Hope this helps, good luck I know it can be a real pain getting the films on without any dust but once you do its worth it.

3. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

the thing that worked best for me was going back to the apple store and buy another set. :D

Seriously, I tried the tape thing with water and it just failed, it looked horrible for me. Its really hard, try taking hair off of duct tape; nearly impossible.

4. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

the thing that worked best for me, that is a little better than the above post is sending an email to power support.

i told em both my films were dusty, sent them the films and reciept and got new ones in about 3 weeks.

(i guess california to michigan takes a long time using stamps)

5. snchpnz macrumors member

I just added water to it and put it on the phone while wet. The next day I lifted it up a little to remove the moisture and voila!

6. JHipp macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

That doesn't sound like too bad of an idea.

I emailed them about it and they just said use tape to get any dust off.

7. bobright macrumors 601

I know this is an old thread but I've got the same problem. I have one tiny piece of lint on the shield.

What kind of tape should I use, like the thick clear packing tape?

8. DougNg macrumors member

One piece of scotch tape to juuuust lift the side of the shield that has the lint on it

Slide another one sticky side up to take off the lint

I live with four cats and two iPhones, I've done this once or twice ;)