Cleaning screen of my Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by GKDAIR, Jun 13, 2012.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

So I clean my macbook air every month or so, and trust me by that time it really needs it.

I'm always nervous about the screen though, I use an electronic pre-moisted wipe and it gets the job done, but it always leaves streaks all over my screen. This doesn't seem to bother it though, I was just wondering if its ok that it leaves streaks on my screen. It gets rid of all the crap on it like dried up saliva (from laughing at a youtube video or something) and dust, but leaves streaks all over it. They go away after a while but just wanted to be sure this was safe.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How to clean Apple products

Apple also gives instructions on how to clean your Mac in the User Guides for the MBA, MBP and iMac:
    Also, you'll find plenty of suggestions by searching through the many existing threads on this topic.

3. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

So....thanks for nothing.

Seriously did you not even read the OP?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, I did. My post is a direct response from Apple on how to clean your screen. If you don't choose to use that information, that's up to you.

5. jsolares macrumors 6502a

It really depends on what liquid is actually on the wipes, if it's just water it'll be fine as it's the way apple recommends, but if it has other chemicals... i'd rather just use a microfiber cloth with just water.

I usually use iklear which i think is actually just plain double distilled water or deionized water (aka purified water), i couldn't get a decent microfiber cloth down here so i got it like 3 years ago, and the spray bottle still has liquid left.