Cleaning Space Black milanese band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fieldzz, Oct 9, 2016.

1. fieldzz macrumors newbie

fieldzz

What does everyone use to clean there Space black milanese band/Apple Watch? I heard Windex works well, I tried a car cleaning product I had that I knew wouldn't effect the costing (chemical guys v07) worked ok but thought someone might know something better.

Thanks!

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

3. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I had the SS Milanese and washed everything with a little liquid soap at the end of every day before putting it on the charger. Doing so kept everything looking brand new. Otherwise, just as I thought, dirt builds in the little holes of the Milanese. I was chatting with a woman who had a Milanese and she looked at her Band with a bit of a horrified look on her face as she was surprised and embarrassed dirt had built up. The downside by washing so often is that the coating on the sapphire wears away faster … but by washing every day you also have a clean crystal every day anyway.

4. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Apple doesn't recommend using soap on the Watch as it can affect the water resistance.

Here are Apple's instructions for cleaning the Watch and bands:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204522

5. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

Thanks for this link on bands and watch cleaning. Good stuff.

6. SilentDoom macrumors member

I work at a restaurant and use the water sprayer in the dish area for my Milanese band. Obviously, not on the watch, but the pressure is just right to get out any build I notice. I would assume a home sprayer would work, WATCH BAND ONLY, though. Love my Milanese bands.

7. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

If you're at all worried about soaking the watch with soapy water, you can take the band off.

When jewelry shops put watch bracelets in an ultrasonic cleaning machine, they usually remove the bracelet from the watch head. I've also seen little platforms placed in the cleaning bath upon which the watch head rests, allowing them to leave the watch attached to its bracelet.