Cleaning staff: Their hearts are in the right place...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CortexRock, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CortexRock macrumors 6502

Argh. Over enthusiastic cleaning staff at my office have wiped the screens of my brand-spanking new 23" ACDs, and the top of my Mac Pro with a sponge!

This in itself would probably not be too bad, except that it appears the sponge was first used to wipe a baboon's backside :mad:

Any ideas how I can get rid of the nasty smears left behind without causing further damage please? :confused:

2. Everythingisnt macrumors 6502a

Everythingisnt

The mac pro isn't an issue - it's anodized aluminum, which is pretty durable. Just don't use steel wool on it.

As for the ACD's, I would suggest lens tissue as it's what I use to clean my ACD's at home. Otherwise I would go buy a special lint-resistant lcd cleaning cloth from your local computer store, and use that.

3. CortexRock thread starter macrumors 6502

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

You might drape a cover over the ACD when you're done for the day, or place a note not to clean your desk area.

When I still worked in the office, I could barely get our cleaning crew to empty my wastebasket unless I placed it in the walkway when I left...

5. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Do the ACDs still come with a microfiber cloth?? Use that, it works a treat and if necessary, use some glasses cleaner spray

6. CortexRock thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I've got the cloth that came with them, but it's not getting rid of the smears... :(

Need to get some screen cleaning fluid or something I think.

7. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

As i said, glasses cleaner works perfectly, go and find someone in the office with glasses and ask them, easy!

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

iklear's your best bet