Cleaning The Actual MicroFiber Cloth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hydrocity, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

Sorry if this may sound stupid, but I have been using the cloth that came with my MBP for almost a month. I also use it with my other devices such as my iPad and iPhone.

The cloth is starting to look a little shinny, im guessing from fingerprints, and has quite alot of dust particles on it.

Is it safe to wash it in the sink in warm water + soap and air dry? I dont wanna ruin it...

Thanks

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I put mine right in the washing machine with my laundry and it cleans perfectly and still maintains it's silky feel. You can do that or just hand wash it over the sink and let it dry naturally.

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Should be able to put it in washing machine. Just air dry it, otherwise it might end up 1/100th of its original size lol :D

Even if it's not, I'm sure you can pick up another for a couple of bucks.

4. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright thanks :)

Ill try washing it in the sink or something.

5. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Then, it would be a mini-microfiber cloth, a magnitude larger than a nanofiber cloth.

Sorry! Couldn't help it.

6. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

I bought the iKlear pack, a bit expensive but worth it, so if your cloth does get destroyed, know there is a good option out there for keeping your iGear spotless!

7. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

8. BABankert macrumors newbie

Microfiber cloths can be washed in a washing machine in cold water, but you should NOT use fabric softener, as the cloth will retain the oils in the softener and become greasy over time. I have used the same MF cloths for 3 years (from Sunglass Hut - I work there :p) and they still clean just as well as they did when I bought them.

9. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

This tip is very important, NO SOFTENERS, that and don't dry them on high heat. Anything below medium on your dryer would be fine, and of course air drying.