Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbdoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
For those who own the Apple iPad Case, how do you clean your case? We all know it's a dust and dirt magnet...

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I've washed mine twice in the sink with dish soap and let it dry overnight.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I think it is interesting so many people complain about how dirty the Apple case gets. I've been using mine since 30 April 2010 and any markings I have got have come right off with my finger or shirt/napkin/towel with no trouble.

Maybe I'm just lucky. :)

touchmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I think it is interesting so many people complain about how dirty the Apple case gets. I've been using mine since 30 April 2010 and any markings I have got have come right off with my finger or shirt/napkin/towel with no trouble.

Maybe I'm just lucky. :)
Yeah, mine's not that bad at all either.

Houls

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2008
Towel

Mine just needs a quick wipe. Usually a damp towel does the trick.

NateEssex

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Mine gets dirty as hell...but I work in a school :eek:

I'm still looking for a way to clean it safely. I'm also getting a lint/dust build up under the edges. Anyone else?

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Windex wipes. The key is to clean the case with something that doesn't contain detergent and doesn't leave residue. Windex wipes are perfect because the cleaning agent is ammonia so it doesn't leave any residue. They are quick, clean and don't leave any wetness.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Fairy liquid, under the tap. Rub, rinse, shake, wipe with a cloth, let it dry. Back on the iPad in no time.

As good as new in 5 minutes. I mean, this is just a rubbery plastic, isn't it? Why the kid gloves?

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
3goldens is spot on, (no pun), I used to be into car detailing some, and the apple case just needs a little protectant, IMO there are better ones than armor all, but if used very sparingly the material is actually improved, and doesn't mar as easily either.
Just remember less is more.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I haven't really had any problems with it, despite hiding my iPad on the floor of my car underneath my seat whenever I leave it in the car. (Sssh, nobody would possibly think to look under there!)

Anytime there's a spot of dust, a wipe with a damp cloth seems to do the trick.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
for the second time
armour all

3goldens is spot on, (no pun), I used to be into car detailing some, and the apple case just needs a little protectant, IMO there are better ones than armor all, but if used very sparingly the material is actually improved, and doesn't mar as easily either.
Just remember less is more.

Armor all makes my hands break out into a itchy rash.... Wouldn't that be fun?

I can't imagine using it on an iPad case :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.